Friday, August 21, 2009

Open Face Onion Sandwich

We have onions drying for the winter monthes...but it is hard not to use a few each week. I hope we have enough left for the winter monthes. I love making open face onion sandwiches.....just thought I would share the recipe.


Open Face Onion Sandwich

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip

4 slices of fresh bread remove the crusts (you can also use store bought)

1 very nice sweet onion cut into 4 very thin slices

Preheat the broiler

In a small bowl, mix together cheese and Mayo. Spread evenly on bread slices. Place onion in the middle of the square.

Broil 4-5 inches from heat until light brown. Serve immediately.

I sometimes add a slice of tomato too! Yum!


The garden is still doing pretty good....can't wait to plant our fall veggies.


Happy Gardening..

Lynn

1 comment:

Michelle @ Give a Girl a Fig said...

I make something similar that my mom used to make as an appetizer...she called it Onion Spoof. It was like you described except that it was made on english muffins and the onion was minced. SO delicious...I don't make it often enough. Maybe if I grow some onions next season I'll be moved to make it more often!