Monday, June 22, 2009

A Recipe for a Great Container Garden....

I have many herbs growing in pots all around my deck...I also love flowers. I really think it makes my deck look interesting to have many pots growing many things...I have rosemary, basil and mint growing in pots along with petunias and marigolds.

I love sitting outside enjoying the smells and the blooms from my many different plants. Don't forget about hanging basket plants...My husband always grows a few tomatoes in hanging baskets every year...the tomatoes are easier to get to and it is another fun conversational piece. I think next year we are going to try to grow strawberries that way to see if we can beat the slugs.

Here is a recipe that I use every year in my container gardens and you probably have all the ingredients in you home right now!

Container Recipe

2 tablespoons black coffee

1/2 cup unflavored gelatin

1/2 teaspoon baby shampoo (or cheap shampoo)

1/2 cup of ammonia

1 gallon of water

1 heaping scoop of compost

Mix together and pour on as needed.

Happy Gardening.....

Lynn

No comments: