Friday, August 14, 2009

What Zucchini in my Salsa??

I was asked what part of the scape should you use... I asked my friend and she said use everything that is tender. Puree the pods in the blender...use the stalks by peeling it like broccoli stems. I can't not recommend enough to try this it was so Good!

We have had so much zucchini that I have been trying to find ways to cook it and I have this great salsa recipe... I though I would share it with you...so Good and Crazy! What until your friends find out what is in their salsa.

Zucchini Salsa

1 cup zucchini finely chopped

1 tablespoon salt

2 cups fresh tomatoes

1 cup sweet corn

1 red bell pepper

1/2 chilies finely chopped

1/4 cup red onion

2 tablespoons oregano ( tablespoon if dried)

1 tablespoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Mix together the zucchini and salt let this sit for about an hour in refrigerator then drain stir in the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!!

Happy Gardening...

Lynn

No comments: